Is the Donald Narcissistic? Sure. Is he an Egotist? In spades. Is he smart? IQ is 160, that’s in the genius category. Brash? Most certainly. Grandiose? He lives in a 3 story apartment on the 66th floor in Manhattan worth $100 million, vacations in Mar o Logo in Florida. Owns a Boeing 757. The real question however is the level of his inferiority complex.My fear is it may be as high as his IQ. I am told there are seven characteristics of an inferiority complex. Let’s see how many boxes we can check off.
- Hypocritical Attitude (H.P.): People who do not feel alright about themselves have problem feeling good about others. Check.
- Tendency Towards Blaming (T.T.B.): Some people project their weaknesses onto others in order to lessen and ameliorate the pain of inferiority. Check.
- Feeling Of Persecution (F.O.P.): when carried to the extreme, blaming others can extend to believing that others [The press] are actively seeking to ruin you. Check.
- Inappropriate Response To flattery (I.R.F.): Is desperate to hear anything good about themselves and constantly fishing for compliments. Check.
Sensitivity To Criticism (S.T.C.): Although people who feel inferior ‘know’ they have shortcomings, they do not like other people to point this out. They tend to perceive any form of criticism, regardless of how sensitively and constructively it is presented, as a personal attack. Check.
- Tendency Towards Seclusion And Sensitivity (T.T.S.S.): Because people with an inferiority complex believe that they are not as interesting or intelligent as others, they believe other people have the same feeling about them. So they tend to avoid speaking up in public because they believe doing so will create an embarrassing demonstration of their ineptitude. NO Definitely Not.
Negative Feeling About Competition (N.F.A.C.): People who have inferiority complex like to win games and contests as others, but they will always avoid such situation because deep down, they know they cannot make an head way. Not coming first is an evidence of total failure. Yes and NO
I counted five and a half of the seven. The label is not what’s important but the factors that tend to formulate the label as applied to the job description currently held by his Eminence. Just imagine for a moment any of the first five signs in a circumstance where the president needs to interact and deal with global personalities and issues. Let’s say personalities like Qaddafi, Putin, or Kim Jong-un either directly or by proxy who have similar complex insecurities.
I think its one thing to enter into negotiations for huge deals in the real estate space where a failure stands on its own and rarely impacts on the next deal. The reality is that the world is like a spider web, beautiful at a distance but up close, a very delicate network. A delicate touch at any point creates ripples to the whole. A Fred Flinstone like clubbing strategy can only bring catastrophic results. I Yabba-Dabba Do! … just sayin.~